FAQs - Group Accident Guard - India Post Payments Bank
- Personal Banking
- Digital Life certificate
- Domestic Money Transfer
- IPPB Apps
- Life Insurance
- General Insurance
- Social Security Schemes
FAQ’s TAGIC – Group Accident Guard
Q. What is an accident?
A. Any unforeseen/unfortunate event that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally typically which results in damage and injury.
Q. What is Group Accident Guard?
A. GAG is a comprehensive cover which can secure you after any unforeseen event/accident. It is a remedy which can prepare you in advance to mitigate any sort of losses arising from an accident.
Q. Who can be covered under Group Accident Guard?
A. All individual customers of India Post Payments bank and Department of Post
Q. What is the tenure of the policy?
A. Policy tenure is for Minimum period of One year and due for renewal every next year
Q. What is the minimum and maximum entry age for Group Accident Guard?
A. Individuals from 18 years to 65 years can take the policy cover from TATA AIG
Q. What is not covered in the product/exclusions?
A. • Customers suffering from any preexisting diseases and ailments
• Customer attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self-inflicted Injury or illness
• Any Customer Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a Physician and taken as prescribed
• Any Insured Person’s participation in Professional Sports or Adventure sports
• Any Insured Person is involved in War or any act of war, or any radioactive or nuclear energy industry
• Any Insured involved in any act or terrorism
• Any Insured person involved in breach of law with criminal intent
• Any Insured involved in any loss of which a contributing cause was Insured Person’s actual or willful participation
• For more details please refer detailed policy wordings
Q. How to Intimate claims/Claim procedure?
A. • Insured Person(s) can notify a Claim by sending an SMS CLAIMS to 5616181 or by calling The Company’s 24x7 toll free helpline 1800-266-7780 or 1800 229966 (only for senior citizen Policy holders). Please use the Claim Intimation Form for intimation of a Claim. Insured Person(s) can even write to The Company at email@example.com and scanned documents may be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate Claim processing.
Details required at the time of claim registration –
• Policy Schedule/Certificate of Insurance
• Name of Injured person
• Date & Time of Loss, Location of accident
• Nature of Injury / Accident
• Policy Coverage under which Claim is preferred
• Name of Hospital / doctor where treatment taken
• Name / Location of police station, if case is reported with police
• E-mail ID & mobile/ telephone no. of Insured Person / Contact Person
Q. Grievance Redressal
A. In case of any grievance the Insured Person may contact through Website: www. tataaig.com or Call us 24X 7 toll free helpline 1800 266 7780 or 1800 22 9966 (Senior Citizen) Email us at email@example.com or Write to us at: Customer Support, Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited - A-501 Building No. 4 IT Infinity Park, Dindoshi, Malad (E), Mumbai - 400097 or can Visit the nearest servicing branch